Summer is finally here! Now what? Keep your kids busy with some fun activities and save this list as a quick go to if you get stuck. With 100 ideas, we’ve got your covered all summer long!
1. Check out a new park.
2. Visit an amusement park.
3. Look for a waterfall to go see.
4. Go to the zoo.
5. Find a lake where you can rent a boat or jet ski.
6. Go hiking and bring along supplies for a picnic.
7. Find an interesting halfway place to meet a friend for a visit.
8. Try a different pool or swim spot (lake, pond, ocean).
9. Find a place to paddle boat, canoe, kayak, or paddle board.
10. Learn a foreign language as a family.
11. Take a sewing class.
12. Organize a summer book club for kids.
13. Try a couple new on-line educational games.
14. Each week plan a meal based on a state or country and prepare it together. Try the books Eat Your Way Through the USA or Eat Your Way Around the World.
15. Buy or build birdfeeders and document the different kinds of birds that visit in a nature journal.
16. Plant a vegetable garden.
17. Travel the USA through books.
18. Visit the library. While you are selecting books, check out their free classes.
19. Build and launch a rocket.
20. Learn to play a new instrument.
21. Create an animal book: pick a new animal each day and print out a picture. Research and write notes about the animal.
22. Have kids plan, budget, and shop to prepare a meal.
23. Try some science experiments. There are many you can do with items in your pantry.
24. Plan an hour each day for a quiet reading time.
25. Take advantage of free classes at your local home improvement or craft store.
26. Hang a map of the world and choose different countries to study.
Check out this potluck example!